Yolo Middle School Physical Education Mission Statement
The mission of the Physical Education department is to provide opportunities and assistance to all students while they enjoy and learn about physical activity, so our pupils will continue to be active throughout their adult lives.
- Expose students to lifetime team and individual sports, thus preparing them with necessary skills for future leisure endeavors
- Increase awareness and formulate activity plans, so students are equipped to address their personal fitness needs throughout adulthood
- Provide a physical education fitness program that will increase and/or improve a majority of our students’ upper body strength, overall body composition, and aerobic capacity
- Improve student understanding of basic offensive and defensive strategies while participating in team sport activities
- Expect an appropriate level of compromise and a sense of fair play from students while participating in class activities
Physical Education Attire
A separate change of clothing is necessary for hygienic purposes. The Yolo P.E. Department has clothing for sale. Tennis shoes are necessary for all Physical Education activities. NO CHECKS ACCEPTED; cash or money orders only.
P.E. Shirt $7.00
P.E. Shorts $10.00
P.E. Sweatpants $12.00
P.E. Hooded Sweatshirts $18.00
The P.E. shorts and shirt are an essential part of the daily uniform. Sweatpants and hooded sweatshirts are available for purchase to wear at the students’ leisure.
Locks are available for purchase from the P.E. staff at any point during the school year. We strongly encourage the use of school locks for two reasons: 1. School locks are key accessible by staff and have serial numbers to identify the owner. 2. The use of other locks cannot be traced to the owner or opened by staff. These locks placed on the wrong locker will be removed with bolt cutters to allow proper access.
Physical Education Links
California Physical Education Standards
PE Links 4 U
Sports Know How
Dole 5 A Day