Purpose of Homework
Homework reinforces knowledge, inspires creativity, gives students the opportunity to practice and refine their skills and teaches responsibility.
Amount of Time Spent on Homework
● TK-2nd Grade: 20 minutes maximum per day, including reading and any assignment to reinforce skills learned in class. These assignments may be daily, weekly packets or project-based format.
● 3rd -5th Grade: 30 minutes per day, including reading and any assignment to reinforce skills learned in class. These assignments may be daily, weekly packets or project-based format.
● No homework will be assigned on Friday’s or the weekend.
● Teachers will teach proper time management skills, organizational skills, and positive study habits using mini-lessons, throughout the school year.
● Teachers will give students daily feedback on nightly assignments. For weekly packets, teachers will give feedback within two days of the assignment being due.
● Read with their child(ren)
● Establish a daily homework routine
● Ensure that their child(ren)’s homework is completed
Communication with Parents/Guardians on Homework
The teacher will communicate with parents/guardians regarding homework by email, Class Dojo, Parent/Teacher conferences, progress reports, as well as report cards. The teacher will give clear directions and procedures for all homework assignments. Back to school packets, a PowerPoint and/or handout will be given to each parent with all homework expectations by their teacher within the first month of the school year or Back-to-School night whichever comes first or within one week for new enrollees thereafter. Homework policies and site expectations will be posted on the district and site websites for parents to view anytime.